Pump suction low output is good

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Kelly

Pump suction low output is good

Postby Kelly » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 07:03

So the suction is not as good as it should be. We have a net that goes on basket that collects all the little stuff. Before you couldn't even pull the net up while pump was running now you can easily pull it out. The output into the pool is normal. Not much debris makes it to the 2nd basket because of the net. It is like a stocking that is made for swimming pools. I thought maybe the hose from the pool to the filter had a hole so I replaced it and no difference. It is a above ground pool and a hydrotools filter. Thanks in advance. This is the 2nd year for this pool and filter so it is pretty new. Installed July last year.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Pump suction low output is good

Postby Teapot » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 09:35

Because water is non compressible the return to the pool must also be reduced even though you haven't registered it. Have you backwashed the filter assuming it's a sand filter or changed the cartridge?
Kelly
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 21' above ground

Postby Kelly » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 09:48

I believe it started right after I cleaned the cartridges with cleaner provided by the pool store.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:05

Hmm, something needs looking into, sounds like clogged filters.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”