Very low Suction and Very High P.S.I

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
new2pools
I'm new here
I'm new here

Very low Suction and Very High P.S.I

Postby new2pools » Mon 07 Aug, 2006 17:50

This is my first Pool. It is a inground 19x28. The pool was working fine at 15 p.s.i and very good suction, but when I drianed it and refilled it it hasn't ran after that. It has a Hayward D.E Filter and pumps. one pump for the spa and the other for the pool. When I turn it on it will run perfectly fine for exactly one minute. Then the suction goes down and the p.s.i. jump to 27 p.s.i. And the pumps and filter get really loud. when it is running at 27 p.s.i the suction is very low. I can bearly feel it with my hand.

Please someone give me some ideas,

I would appreicate any help.

drfinale

Postby drfinale » Mon 07 Aug, 2006 19:42

High pressure and low suction usually indicate that the filter needs cleaning. Have you tried backwashing your filter? What model is your filter? Does it have a multi-port valve (valve with various settings like "filter" "backwash" "waste" etc.)? If you need help backwashing, give me the specifics of your filter, and I can walk you through it.
new2pools
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby new2pools » Tue 08 Aug, 2006 23:42

I clean the filter and added new D.E. and I backed washed it but I found the problem with one of the pipes. I makes a loud noise so I took it off and noticed it has a vacuum hose from the solar panel and acts like a ballon and inflates. So I diconnected the hose and now it works fine, But now the solar water heater does not work.

I would really like to thank you for the advise.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”