Help with my sand filter

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Hotfire
I'm new here
I'm new here

Help with my sand filter

Postby Hotfire » Mon 07 May, 2007 10:55

Hi Folks,

I'm new here and I am a new pool owner (24' diameter, above ground), with a Baquapure sand filter.

Here's my question... after opening my pool for the season, bringing the water level to where it is supposed to be, attaching all the hoses and filling the cannister to prime the pump etc... the cannister (trap with basket) next to the pump motor, keeps emptying its water and will not refill. During normal operation this cannister is full of water. I filled and refilled the cannister several times only to have it empty each time. What is my problem? What have I done wrong?

Thanks for any help,
Hotfire

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Mon 07 May, 2007 17:21

I assume it empties when the pump stops.

This is termed blowback. The air relief in the filter is blocked for whatever reason.

The simplest fix is a check valve between the pump and filter.

HTH
Hotfire
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Hotfire » Mon 07 May, 2007 22:23

No, it was emptying when the pump was still running.

Actually called a "pool store" today and got some helpful advice. After much trouble shooting, the problem was solved in the end. I needed to raise my water level about 5 inches. The guy who installed the pool had me fill it to the incorrect level (too low). So much for trusting the installer.

Three cheers for The Pool and Spa Warehouse. Nothing but rave reviews for these guys.

Hotfire
zeldaq

how to change sand out of my baquapure filtraion systme

Postby zeldaq » Mon 29 Jun, 2009 19:06

try to change my sand out of my baqua pure filtration system is there a manual to change the sand .need instruction thank you

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”