So called professional recommends filter replacement?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
The Stig
I'm new here
I'm new here

So called professional recommends filter replacement?

Postby The Stig » Thu 31 May, 2007 20:51

I am closing on a house with a pool in two weeks and had the pool inspected buy a local pool company today. I am a first time pool owner therefore am new to the maintenance required for this in-ground pool.

The inspector indicated that the current filter (75 sqft cartridge filter) is too small for the pool and I should upgrade to a 150 sqft filter. The current filter seems to be in good condition. I have estimated (cloud shape) the pool volume to be 20,000 gallons, and I did some reading on the current filter (Hayward C751) that indicates it is adequate for this pool volume (turnover of 36000 gal. in 8 hrs).

Before I ask for money at closing I would like get a few opinions on this matter. I have more information if required. Thanks for your help.

If we don't find anything pleasant at least we find something new.
DanFxr

Filter

Postby DanFxr » Mon 04 Jun, 2007 09:11

That filter should be fine,I have a 30,000 gal pool with the 900 Haywood filter. It works great. The 751 would have worked on my pool also.
My 900 replaced my 7 year old DE filter, the water turnover is much quicker.
The Stig
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby The Stig » Mon 04 Jun, 2007 23:10

I choose not to pursue any compensation for the filtration system. Based off of the specs it was more than adequate, and I don't feel comfortable asking for money at closing. The seller took good care of the pool. I think the inspector was more interested in making business for him self than giving an accurate inspection. He claimed this filter was more suited for a jacuzzi.

I'm going to have to bring this pool back from green in the near future; therefore, I will be checking into this forum frequently. Thanks for the reply.
If we don't find anything pleasant at least we find something new.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”