FILTER PROBLEM

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
tomd572003

FILTER PROBLEM

Postby tomd572003 » Tue 05 Jun, 2007 12:14

HERE IS MY PROBLEM WHEN I GET DONE WITH THE VAC AND BACK WASH THEN TURN THE VALVE BACK TO FILTER AND THEN TURN PUMP BACK ON I GET ALL OF MY DIRT BACK IN THE POOL .WE HAVE CHANGED THE VALVE ON TOP OF THE SAND FILTER AND HAVE HAD NO CHANGE ANY IDEAS.???

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: FILTER PROBLEM

Postby Backglass » Tue 05 Jun, 2007 13:16

tomd572003 wrote:HERE IS MY PROBLEM WHEN I GET DONE WITH THE VAC AND BACK WASH THEN TURN THE VALVE BACK TO FILTER AND THEN TURN PUMP BACK ON I GET ALL OF MY DIRT BACK IN THE POOL .WE HAVE CHANGED THE VALVE ON TOP OF THE SAND FILTER AND HAVE HAD NO CHANGE ANY IDEAS.???

When you backwash, does dirty water come out? If not, you may have reinstalled the valve incorrectly. Look at the ports and make sure you have it positioned correctly...the easiest to figure out is "waste".

You may actually be backwashing into your pool. :shock:
billboard_ne
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby billboard_ne » Fri 08 Jun, 2007 20:28

Does your filter have a rinse position, when done backwashing turn the pump off, switch the valve to rinse, turn pump back on. This will discharge all of the dirt out of the backwash hose. When the water runs clear, turn the pump off, switch the pump to filter, turn pump back on. There should be no more dirt comming out of the filter.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”