Pentair booster pump no power

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Lis530
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In-ground smaller size pool

Pentair booster pump no power

Postby Lis530 » Tue 04 Jun, 2019 15:15

I am desperate for help! My pentair boost pump la-ms05 has no power. Went to turn on the pool pump and the pool sweep and the pool pump is working fine but there is no power to the pentair booster so the pool sweep won’t turn on. I checked the breakers, no problems, the pool pump is working fine. I only got this boost pump maybe 2 years ago and it was working fine last week.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Pentair booster pump no power

Postby Teapot » Tue 04 Jun, 2019 15:43

Probably the start capacitor. Low cost part any competent electrician could change. But do check for power to the booster first
Personally I wouldn't bother and would clean the pool manually, you get a better job done quicker and no missed bits. Also manual doesn't stir up the dirt so much you actually remove it rather than sticking it back in solution. The water looks clearer when you start that the slightly hazy look afterwards because it's stired the dirt up which just settles back down another day ready for you to start all over again.
Ex pool robot user and confirmed manual cleaner.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”