New Hayward Super Pump doesn't start

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Blaccko
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Concrete 18*36, Hayward Super Pump 2HP, Pro Logic P4 with chlorinator kit, Hayward 30 filter

New Hayward Super Pump doesn't start

Postby Blaccko » Sun 07 Jul, 2019 08:47

Hi,

I've got a new pool and a whole new system. Yesterday, I connected the pool pump on the Pro Logic electric board. I started the pump in backwash mode. It was working. After about 2-3 minutes, I shot it down and switched it to filtration mode. It was running fine, but after 2-3 more minutes, I smelled a little burning smell. I wasn't sure if it was a plastic/rubber burning smell or new components of the pump smelling because working for the first time (oil of the pump getting hot for instance). So I shut off the pump. Now, I tried to start back the pump this morning. I put the breaker on and the pump didn't start. I opened the back cover and the electric connections seem ok. I tried backwash and filtration modes and it's the same thing. When I put the breaker on, there's nothing going on, not even a small buzzing sound indicating that the pump tries to start but cannot. All equipment is brand new. I'm a little bit worried. The pump did ran yesterday, but for a total of 5-6 minutes and it was working fine (appart for the smell, but it was a subtile smell I'd say, no smoke, so I don't think the motor overheated and died).

What can I do to try and get things back in order?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: New Hayward Super Pump doesn't start

Postby Teapot » Sun 07 Jul, 2019 09:30

You should try taking it back before anything else
rg101
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground, 18 x 36 , d.e. filter

Postby rg101 » Sun 07 Jul, 2019 13:29

Swimming Pool Superstar is right, it is still under warranty, call manufacturer or who you bought it from but don't start messing with it or you'll void any warranty
Blaccko
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Concrete 18*36, Hayward Super Pump 2HP, Pro Logic P4 with chlorinator kit, Hayward 30 filter

Postby Blaccko » Mon 08 Jul, 2019 06:30

Ok, thanks

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”