Polaris PBSQ4 Booster Pump Question

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Flipsonic
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 15k gallon/gunite/in-ground/IntelliFlo VSF pump/Polaris PBSQ4 booster pump/Clean and Clear cartridge filter/SunTrek solar heater

Polaris PBSQ4 Booster Pump Question

Postby Flipsonic » Fri 23 Aug, 2019 16:45

I have this new booster pump along with new VSF pump. Is there a way to connect both so that the booster pump runs only when the VSF pump is on? I don't like the mechanical timer it's currently on since it could go out of sync with he VSF pump when there is power outage.

Flipsonic
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 15k gallon/gunite/in-ground/IntelliFlo VSF pump/Polaris PBSQ4 booster pump/Clean and Clear cartridge filter/SunTrek solar heater

Re: Polaris PBSQ4 Booster Pump Question

Postby Flipsonic » Fri 23 Aug, 2019 20:10

I could just run the VSF at low rpm 24/7. However I’m solar heating right now and I don’t have a controller for the VSF and solar to work together.
sktn77a
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 15000 gal inground gunite/plaster (converted from concrete/acrylic). 1hp StaRite DuraGlass P2R pump, 24" Hayward Sand Filter, Teledyne-Laars 250k heater, Hayward CL200 chlorinator, Polaris 380 cleaner with Hayward 6060 booster pump.

Re: Polaris PBSQ4 Booster Pump Question

Postby sktn77a » Mon 14 Oct, 2019 17:25

I'm not aware of any way to do this with a VS pump unless it's linked into a whole system automation panel.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”