Need install help for overflow discharge valve

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Tnora1
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15000 gallons in ground. Built 2001. Hayward filter pump. Polaris booster pump for pressure side pool sweep. Sheer descent water feature.

Need install help for overflow discharge valve

Postby Tnora1 » Wed 11 Dec, 2019 11:39

Hello,
My pool never had a discharge valve or spigot installed to lower the water level during the rainstorms. Where should I install a valve to lower the water level? How do I attach a picture of my current plumbing?
Thanks.

Alastair Lee
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Need install help for overflow discharge valve

Postby Alastair Lee » Wed 01 Jan, 2020 08:08

You can share the image links, You can upload the image in google drive and etc and share this link, Simple.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 02 Jan, 2020 11:12

Don't go the hard way
Click Full Editor & Preview
Click Attachments
Click Add Files or you can drag and drop
Cpennington57
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have an in ground pool with an interesting plumbing situation.

Postby Cpennington57 » Wed 05 Feb, 2020 05:37

My new house has an old pool that was plunged by a child it seems. No inline chlorinator (has a floating type that I need to remove when using the pool), and mostly my issue is that the waste line/overflow drain is plumbed to return to the pool. I’m tempted to cut it, put a valve on it and call it good. I’ve just never seen this set up. Hayward filters usually have three lines running out. One for water in, return, and waste. Mine has one and two returns. This is an in-ground 10,000 gallon (or so). Advice? What could the line that should be waste/overflow be going to (runs back into the ground and back to the pool it seems). Is it a good idea to just cut it and see what happens when I turn it on filter (like look to see if it goes to one of the two jets)? Or is it possible to have an underground drain somewhere...
that would seem like an unlikelyhood.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 05 Feb, 2020 14:57

It is possible that the waste is plumbed straight into a sewer run. I doubt that it goes back to the pool, try running to waste and see if the water level drops
You don't need an inline chlorinator or floater which uses pucks because they increase the Cyanuric acid which renders your chlorine ineffective
For every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) added by Trichlor, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 6 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Dichlor, it also increases CYA by 9 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Cal-Hypo, it also increases Calcium Hardness (CH) by at least 7 ppm
Use these common products to balance your pool
Liquid chlorine (sodium hypochlorite or plain bleach)
Muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to lower pH and TA
Bicarbonate of soda to raise TA
Aeration will raise pH only
Soda ash will raise pH and TA
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”