POOL SUCTION PROBLEMS

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Malboro
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Small pool with sand filter

POOL SUCTION PROBLEMS

Postby Malboro » Sat 14 Dec, 2019 06:16

Hi please help.

My swimming pool (pump) had developed a unique problem. I have spoken to a number of pool shops but none can really identify what the cause might be.

My pool works perfectly under backwash/waste/rinse but as soon as I put it on filter there is insufficient suction to drive the pool cleaner and not much flow through the jets. initial thought was there is a blockage/problem in the filter, but the problem persists even if I bypass the filter.

The flow in the pump is 100% under backwash/waste/rinse but only about 50% under filter/bypass.
Thought that there might be a block in the return pipe, but surely the pump will still fill up?

Have done all the necessary checks in terms of leaks, seals etc. the multi-port valve is also new and replaced the seal.
Haven't yet dug up the underground pipe work though but that is my last resort unless someone has any suggestions.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: POOL SUCTION PROBLEMS

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 14 Dec, 2019 17:04

Does it work OK when not vacuuming
Does the pump basket lose water when on filter, backwash or rinse

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”