new pool what gear should i buy, auto or basic etc

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
fiesta62
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 6 x 4 metre concrete

new pool what gear should i buy, auto or basic etc

Postby fiesta62 » Fri 06 Mar, 2020 21:54

hi, building a new 6 x 4 metre concrete pool next week, never had a pool don't know zip, I want to make sure I set up with the best economical items possible, builder recommends the Astral ctx280 pump, i mentioned the viron xt variable speed 9 star energy, but he said if you run it slow to save electricity then it needs to be on longer so really no point , that's all I know so far on pumps,

I asked about all the fancy automation products like astral viron connect to have full control and all that but he said its all not needed and just complicates things its a 6 x 4 metre pool no big deal all these things are expensive and really are not as good as just doing the stuff yourself, has anyone any experience in these automation products, should I look into these or keep it basic

I do intend on getting a heat pump I think eventually but will see how pool goes if needed or not

bottom line here I want to make sure I set it up correctly so its running the most efficient and easy but reliable, I can rely on the builder but with so many products out there he probably just sticks with one without knowing others....thanks

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: new pool what gear should i buy, auto or basic etc

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 07 Mar, 2020 03:02

I would say go for basic to start with but with provision to automate should you want to later (less things to go wrong)
He's wrong about the pump. A variable speed pump is an ideal thing to go for
Slower filtration is better and a larger filter is even better. You don't need to go for X amount of turnover
A salt water chlorine generator (SWCG) makes daily dosing obsolete but get one rated twice the size of your pool, as they are rated 24/7 at 100%
You really need to get yourself a decent FAS/DPD test kit (Taylor K2006c or TF Testkits TF100) to get accurate results as maintaining an appropiate shock level means testing quite often during the day
fiesta62
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 6 x 4 metre concrete

Re: new pool what gear should i buy, auto or basic etc

Postby fiesta62 » Mon 16 Mar, 2020 19:56

HI, thanks for info, after lots of research I am at this point going to use the variable speed waterco hydrostorm eco v 100 pump, and filter with the waterco micron eco s602 with glass beads and the waterco multi cyclone 16 pre filter
for chlorinator I am thinking watermaid eco blend RP7
pool finish Pebble tec , pebble sheen , shimmering sea
that's my plan, never had a pool before hope I am on the right path here.....

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”