Caved in Sand filter

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
ET2020
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above ground 18ft round 48in, soft sided coleman
upgraded 16" sand filter, and 1hp pump

Caved in Sand filter

Postby ET2020 » Sun 28 Jun, 2020 13:45

Ok.. so I set up my sand filter and it read the manual over and over and even watched videos. set everything up, checked all my hoses, released pressure, followed how to get everything started once turned on. Everything seemed to be just fine. I ran at night, first time, and then to bed, even checked one last time before bed. I work up to a collapsed sand filter, I so devasted that I cried. Cause I put alot of time, and money upgrading. then this happens, I dont know want to do, Can the sand filter be saved? i think i may crack if i have to purchase another one. my husband is breathing down my neck cause he never wanted the above ground pool. so.. I just need some incite, any kind of help. Cause its not terribly concaved just sides. Can you rebuild the pressure in it to pop the sides back out?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Caved in Sand filter

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 28 Jun, 2020 16:13

God knows what you have done to crush a filter, virtually impossible. They are under positive pressure unless you are sucking water through it

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”