Pressure guage replacement

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
pavelmac
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 50,000l above ground pool. Waterco sand filter, nature2 express mineral purifier, 1HP water pump & heat pump

Pressure guage replacement

Postby pavelmac » Fri 09 Oct, 2020 17:51

Hi,

I've bought a new house that has a pool and I'm just learning the ropes. The pool is a 50,000l built in above ground unit with pump and sand filter. The pressure gauge doesn't read anything so I wanted to replace. After watching a few vids I thought I understood. Switch the pump off, release pressure then remove and replace gauge.

So I switched off the pump, and removed the "pressure release plug" and water just streams out with no sign of stopping. I've let it run and filled a few buckets, before I replugged. How much water should I expect? Manual says to release pressure release value but no mentions of large amount of water.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Pressure guage replacement

Postby Teapot » Mon 12 Oct, 2020 04:19

You should have valves that isolate the flow of water both before the pump and after the filter. Turning these off will allow you to change the gauge.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”