Replace Hayward with Pentair?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
ylimor
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16,000 gallons with spa, salt water

Replace Hayward with Pentair?

Postby ylimor » Wed 02 Dec, 2020 15:19

Hey everyone. I have a Hayward SP3400VSP that is about 6-7 years old. It seems to have given out and I have a friend with a Pentair Intelliflow new in the box that he bought for his mom's pool but then did not use it. My question is, if I replace the Hayward pump with the Intelliflow will the Pentair communicate with my panel box? I currently have the SP3400VSP pump with the Goldline Pro Logic Panel and Goldline Aqua Connect wifi interface.

Thanks for the advice,
Y. Limor

finnrigged
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 29x18 rectangular main pool with 7.5' deep end and slow taper up to 3.5' with a 8x8 beach entry including 2 steps down into the pool. Approximate gallonage of 23,000. Quartz finish about 9 years old. Dolphin cc Plus robot. Hayward 400k BTU heater setup for pool and spa. The spa is appx 6.5' x 7' rectangular included in the 23k gallons. 2 Hayward pool pumps showing their age. Pool used to have a suction cleaner setup so the second 1.5 hp Hayward super pump II powers that but the main pump is a Hayward SP3010X15AZ with a Centurion Motor. Pro Logic pannel with 5 button selections (Pool/spa, Filter, Lights, aux1, aux2). Silencer air blower for the hot tub bubbles

Re: Replace Hayward with Pentair?

Postby finnrigged » Sat 26 Dec, 2020 21:43

I'm looking into this exact same situation. Just bought a home with an existing Hayward-equipped pool but I like Pentair (more familiar). My plumbing is 2" and the equipment is about 45' from the pool on average. There is a Pentair adapter module called a Intellicom Interbase 2 that Pentair put out to specifically address this problem and that thing is supposed to communicate with the Hayward and or Jandy equipment. There are youtube vids and forums that speak to it that I stumbled upon. Sounds like a PITA

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”