DE leaking replaced everything

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
bgmac
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16' x 32' 18k gallon in ground saltwater, vinyl lined, Hayward salt cell, DE filter, 1 HP pump, 3/4 HP Polaris booster pump

DE leaking replaced everything

Postby bgmac » Thu 29 Apr, 2021 23:13

I am getting DE in the pool. Have a Hayward 6020 filter. Started getting DE settling in the pool about a month ago. So far I have replaced all grids, replaced the top grid manifold, replaced the pipe O-ring that slides into the top manifold. Rebuilt the multi-port valve (all new O-rings and gasket). Liberally applied lube to all seals when installing them. Charged the filter with 7 lbs of DE. I don't think I have a suction side leak because there are no air bubbles in the pump strainer housing after its shut off for hours and no air to purge at the top of the filter when the pump starts.

I don't know what to address at this point. Does anyone have any advice?

Chief710
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 44,000 gallon pool, pet air pump, vynil liner. My problem is I keep losing prime o we might. All I’ve read indicates air leak on intake side. I have used shaving cream method to detect leaks, but find nothing. Because air is getting in to system my pressure gauge goes thru the roof.

Re: DE leaking replaced everything

Postby Chief710 » Thu 03 Jun, 2021 09:50

Same problem and same solutions tried, still getting it.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”