Newbie with a sand filter/pump

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Goos2134
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20 by 48 , with a 1 how sand filter

Newbie with a sand filter/pump

Postby Goos2134 » Thu 20 May, 2021 08:13

Ok please forgive me I'm new with a sand filter/pump . And I have been learning and searching through here and other places but can not find this issue . So I just got it all hooked up and ran my first recirculation and then filter for a min just to make sure it was all working . When I got done I think I made a mistake as Im learning but I turned it off and I turned it back to winter and went in side . Came back an hour later and water everywhere in the yard from the waste hose while it was off and unplugged . Turned it back to filter but not on . Now I don't have water from the waste hose anymore as I removed the hose and nothing . I'm assuming the mistake was turning to it to winter but I was hoping someone might know . Trying to trouble shoot incase of a bigger issue . Also should I cap the waste port until I'm using it ? Thank you .

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Newbie with a sand filter/pump

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 21 May, 2021 01:53

Is this an above ground pool? if so then it would siphon out when the hoses and pump are full. Put a valve on the waste port to stop it happening again
Are you saying the pump doesn't run or no water is circulating? Can't help with the pump not running but you may have air in the system and need to prime the pump
Some images might help
Where you write a post
Click Full Editor & Preview
Click Attachments
Click Add Files or you can drag and drop

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”