Strange findings in the pre-filter

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
jd-boss-hogg
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12x5m pool, large sand filter with 2cv pump. Side fountains for the pool.

Strange findings in the pre-filter

Postby jd-boss-hogg » Sun 23 May, 2021 04:33

Hi All, thanks for letting me join the forum, I've read lots already and learnt quite a bit !

In the latest cleanout of my pre-filter (not as often as I should do), I found these parts !! I really have no idea where they came from. My side suction is turned offat the valve, the bottom suction obviously has a coarse filter that I cant believe that these got past, and the skimmers have their baskets in place with no holes. So I cant think that they have entered via the pool, which leaves the short run from the pool to the pre-filter which just has the normal 3 valves. I guess it must be one of them, but I've looked at an exploded diagram of them and cant see anything like it. Id appreciate any advise

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Strange findings in the pre-filter

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 23 May, 2021 09:04

I'm not positive but it looks like it could be parts from a spring loaded non return valve (NRV) normally on the suction side of the pump
jd-boss-hogg
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12x5m pool, large sand filter with 2cv pump. Side fountains for the pool.

Postby jd-boss-hogg » Mon 24 May, 2021 08:39

ah, good call. I can see how it would fit together like that. Would the large 90deg rotating valves (the big red handles) that shut off the suction from the bottom/side/skimmers have one of these inside normally ?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 24 May, 2021 10:35

I wouldn't think so. Best to strip one down and have a look

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”