Pump Circulation with Heater

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
bschultz
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground kidney shaped gunite

Pump Circulation with Heater

Postby bschultz » Mon 24 May, 2021 10:58

Hi, I have an inground gunite pool with 3/4 HP Hayward superpump, DE filter and heat pump. Normally all three work in combination with the filter averaging a pressure of about 10. This year when all components seem clean and clear I cannot get the heater to come on with the low water circulation error code. When I bypass the filter I can get the heater to come on but further noticed with a small amount of build up in the skimmer or pump basket that it will shut off. Since I don't want to live on the edge of this and don't want to buy new DE filter grids very often, I am wondering whether I should go up to the next level on pump so that the water moves more and I am not on that edge anymore. Any advise or thoughts on this? Thank you!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pump Circulation with Heater

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 24 May, 2021 12:28

I take it that it all worked correctly previously. What is the pressure now and when bypassing the filter
I would strip the pump down so you can check that the impellor isn't partially blocked
bschultz
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground kidney shaped gunite

Re: Pump Circulation with Heater

Postby bschultz » Mon 24 May, 2021 15:42

Thanks. The pressure when running through the filter is about 9. Historically it has been about 10-11. When bypassing the filter I am not sure as the pressure reader is on the filter. I can check the impellor as a step before making any investment.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”