Hayward SP-733 Dial-A-Flo advice... no parts available, what to replace with?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Engident
I'm new here
I'm new here

Hayward SP-733 Dial-A-Flo advice... no parts available, what to replace with?

Postby Engident » Mon 11 Apr, 2022 05:26

Hi
I have a very old Hayward SP-733 (SP0733) Dial-A-Flo 3-way multiport valve. My pump (3 years old) can't maintain siphon once the pool drains down more than a foot. I can recirculate off the bottom, skimmers, or both if the pool is full, but when I try to drain down the pool a little with the valve switched to the bottom drain it loses siphon once the water level gets a few inches below the skimmer inlets. The valve is from the 1990s, I'm almost certain it is original, no idea if it's ever been rebuilt. Problem is, parts are no longer made for it. If I've missed something out of the many sites I've combed through, I'd love to know. So, my questions are:
1) if parts exist for this valve somewhere, where?
2) Exactly what make / model valve would you recommend to replace it?
Thanks!
Dave

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Hayward SP-733 Dial-A-Flo advice... no parts available, what to replace with?

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 11 Apr, 2022 12:01

Why would you want to drain down below the skimmer level?
Some main drains are connected to the skimmer so once you go below it it won't work
I doubt that there is anything wrong with it as it's only a diverter valve which is easily replaced

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”