Caretaker 99 in-floor cleaning system not switching zones after pressure increase

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
silver_bullet
I'm new here
I'm new here

Caretaker 99 in-floor cleaning system not switching zones after pressure increase

Postby silver_bullet » Tue 26 Apr, 2022 13:45

After turning on my in floor pool cleaning system, it goes through the same five zones with pressure just over 22 PSI. When the valve switches to the 6th zone the pressure goes up to 32 PSI and the cleaning system stops working or switching zones. The flow out of the first five zones is strong so I don't think suction is an issue. This still is happening after taking all the pop-up heads out so there shouldn't be a pressure issue there. I replaces all the parts of the valve that came with a rebuild kit so the valve should be ok...

What could be causing this? How can I fix it?

Thanks for any help!

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Caretaker 99 in-floor cleaning system not switching zones after pressure increase

Postby Teapot1 » Thu 28 Apr, 2022 15:16

These things always stop working, the whole world over.
22psi! I know you are not kidding but the sort of restriction these systems put on the pump and you really dont need them. Better, longer filtration and a bit of manual cleaning solves all the issues for a fraction of the price.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”