Pressure Issue

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
smdcleland
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pressure Issue

Postby smdcleland » Mon 06 Jun, 2022 14:17

Hello.

I have an 15 x 30 above ground pool.

I am having a really hard time with the pressure in my pool. It starts out really strong, then goes to very weak in 10 minutes or so.

I replaced the pump, thinking it was that. It did not fix the issue.

I backwashed. It helps for a few minutes, then goes back to weak pressure.

I checked all the fittings and made sure they were tight.

I checked the tubing and made sure there were no blockages.

What am I missing? I'm pulling my hair out and my husband is ready to tear the pool down!

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Pressure Issue

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 07 Jun, 2022 07:14

You dont need much pressure to run a pool, in fact its bad as it forces dirt through the filters. You just need the correct flow. My pool 0.5psi but sufficient flow to turnover the pool 4 times per day. Higher pressure is just friction and added electricity cost.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
rcsalway29
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: RE: Re: Pressure Issue

Postby rcsalway29 » Sun 12 Jun, 2022 13:56

Teapot1 wrote:You dont need much pressure to run a pool, in fact its bad as it forces dirt through the filters. You just need the correct flow. My pool 0.5psi but sufficient flow to turnover the pool 4 times per day. Higher pressure is just friction and added electricity cost.
I just wanted to say thank you to you. I have read in many areas on here where you talk about pumps producing more flow than filters are designed to take. I searched high and low and was convinced I had MA. After reading your posts I decide to slow my pump speed down and guess what? The re-accumulating dirt/algae (or so I thought) stopped re-accumulating. I spent a lot of $ fighting MA and in the end all I had to do was touch some buttons. I researched TFP (very knowledgeable, helpful and smart people there fyi) and nobody seemed to talk about what you were talking about. Anyhow after a 2 week battle and banging my head against a wall I am loving my pool minus the dirt! Thank you Teapot you seriously changed the trajectory of my pool ownership and I'm not sure a thank you is enough.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Pressure Issue

Postby Teapot1 » Mon 13 Jun, 2022 01:54

You are most welcome, please spread the word, the industry have been doing it wrong for years.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”