Entrained Air in Return Line When Fountain Is On

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
dadijun
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In-ground, 14,000 gallons, Aquarite Salt System, 1-1/2Hayward Superpump, Sand Filter w/ top mount multiport valve.

Entrained Air in Return Line When Fountain Is On

Postby dadijun » Sat 25 Jun, 2022 09:50

Hello... I have a 14,000 gallon fiberglass in-ground pool... The suction side of the pump has a 3-way valve that directs water from the bottom of the pool, the skimmer, or both... The discharge of the pump has a three way valve that can direct water to the returns, to the fountain water feature, or both... When the discharge 3-way valve is directing water to the returns only, there is no issue... When the discharge valve is directing water to the returns and the fountain, I am getting entrained air in the returns...

I have replaced the o-ring in the pump suction-side union, replaced the gasket in the pump screen access panel, and have rebuilt the multiport valve...

I'd appreciate any ideas on next steps...

Thank you...

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Entrained Air in Return Line When Fountain Is On

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 25 Jun, 2022 14:22

I would suspect the 3 way valve before the pump as the only way of getting air into the returns is by a suction side air leak
dadijun
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In-ground, 14,000 gallons, Aquarite Salt System, 1-1/2Hayward Superpump, Sand Filter w/ top mount multiport valve.

Re: Entrained Air in Return Line When Fountain Is On

Postby dadijun » Sat 25 Jun, 2022 15:37

Thank you...

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”