Pressure issues / pump issues

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Malibu66
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24’ above ground 52” tall

Pressure issues / pump issues

Postby Malibu66 » Thu 01 Jun, 2023 06:33

Hi everyone. We have a 24’x 52” tall above ground pool for the last 15 yrs. I’ve replaced the Hayward d.e filter motor 2 yrs ago. Last yr I noticed the pump not remaining full of water in the housing and I’d have to stop the filter back flush and it would be ok for a few days.

This year we just opened it. And my pumping system is giving me nightmares. Pump housing is continuously running low hardly and intake water flow. So I backflush and it’s better for 10 mins. It’s so bad now that I can’t even vacuum the pool with back flushing every 3 mins and then suction goes away . I’ve found no blocked hoses. The pump seems clear and I’ve removed the top of the filter case and rinsed it out cleaned the fingers . Still not much pressure on the return . Any advise before I drive my truck through this thing
??

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Pressure issues / pump issues

Postby Teapot1 » Thu 01 Jun, 2023 08:51

Its an air leak on the suction side, if you have had the kit for a while an O ring or two have probably got old, compressed and flat on two faces. Replace the O rings, grease with thick silicon lube and see how you get on.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”