Pressure always too high

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
VROB
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 75k, in-ground

Pressure always too high

Postby VROB » Sat 03 Jun, 2023 14:55

Hi everyone!
I've got some problem (obviously) with my pool. The sand in the filter is new, the pump is new.
In-ground pool, 75k of water, 3 return lines, Hayward Super Pump, 300 lbs of sand

After a backwash, the pressure always return to 25 then 30 after only 48 to 72 hours. Normally, it's around 15 and 20.

Note than my main drain is closed so only the skimmer is working (bummer I know).
The main drain was closed because they (before I bought the house) thought there was a leak there.

Does anyone ever had that problem? Is the fact that the main drain is closed could cause that?

Thanks!
V

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Pressure always too high

Postby Teapot1 » Mon 05 Jun, 2023 02:52

Big pool for a single skimmer, likewise only 3 returns. Main drains do very very little, the dirt enters from the surface so that is the best place to capture it before it sinks.
You haven't said the size of your pump, filter or plumbing which would help us understand but clearly your pump is working too hard for the setup. We need to know more but you should also look into a variable speed drive for your pump, it will save you a fortune in electricity, improve filtration and water quality. Slower filtration is better filtration and you only need full speed for backwashing
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”