Pentair UltraTemp spa heating issue

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
lalu728
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12,000 gallon inground pool and spa. Plaster. IntelliChlor IC-40 SWCG. Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch, Pentair UltraTemp Heat Pump

Pentair UltraTemp spa heating issue

Postby lalu728 » Sat 03 Jun, 2023 20:16

Hi guys, newbie here. We recently got an inground saltwater pool with spa built. It’s about 12K gallons. Pentair equipments (EasyTouch ScreenLogic, IC40 SWCG, and Pentair UltraTemp heat pump). We have been using the pool for the past 3 weeks without any issues. The heat pump heats up the pool perfectly fine to the set point. This weekend we tried to use the spa for the first time and noticed that the heat pump will heat the spa to the temp that the pool temp is set to on the heat pump but not to 104 degrees which is the spa set point. I changed the pool temp to 86 degrees and the pool heated up fine then I switched to spa mode and heat pump turned on and heated the spa to 86 degrees and turned off. On the heat pump itself it also says “heating pool” instead of heating spa when in spa mode. When I flip through the menu on the heat pump it says spa mode idle. Any idea?

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”