clear up?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.

clear up?

Postby Guest » Tue 31 Jul, 2007 19:44

I recently shocked the you-know-what out of my pool ,due to green water.WEll,the water is blue ,but a very cloudy blue.I took a sample in and everything is fine except low ph ,which I treated with a ph plus from the pool store.I have used clarifiers before when I opened the pool and I can honestly say they didnt do anything.Now the pool store people are wanting to sell me about 80 $ worth of chemicals that are supposed to clear up the water.If my chemicals are balanced,what could they possibly have that I would need to use?I am very reluctant to buy them due to the fact NOTHING that i have been sold from the store has helped anything,all summer.The only thing anyone there told me to do that actually worked was free advice.My question is,since my chemicals are balanced ,my pump and filter are fine ,I've been vacuming,is trher a chance the pool will clear on its own after a few days?Could the heavy shocking(liquid chlorine)be the reason for the cloudy water?

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: clear up?

Postby Backglass » Tue 31 Jul, 2007 20:55

Anonymous wrote:My question is,since my chemicals are balanced ,my pump and filter are fine ,I've been vacuming,is trher a chance the pool will clear on its own after a few days?

Absolutely! You killed the algae and it;s still in the water. Now you just need to filter it all out! Keep a close eye on your chlorine so it doesn't drop below 3-5ppm or you will be right back where you started. Keep your filter running 24/7 and I'll bet your pool will be significantly better in 3-5 days.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Postby Guest » Wed 01 Aug, 2007 03:36

Backglass wrote:
Anonymous wrote:My question is,since my chemicals are balanced ,my pump and filter are fine ,I've been vacuming,is trher a chance the pool will clear on its own after a few days?

Absolutely! You killed the algae and it;s still in the water. Now you just need to filter it all out! Keep a close eye on your chlorine so it doesn't drop below 3-5ppm or you will be right back where you started. Keep your filter running 24/7 and I'll bet your pool will be significantly better in 3-5 days.
Thanks! I am really hoping so,looks a little better day by day ,its been about 3 days since the last shock treatment ,I went out today and brushed,vacumed,and drained and replaced about a foot of water so i'm hoping tomorrow will look even better!

Postby Guest » Sat 11 Aug, 2007 19:54

Backglass is right. I go through this everytime I use algaecide. Let the filter do its thing, and the water will eventually clear.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:52

Anonymous wrote:
Backglass wrote:

Thanks! I am really hoping so,looks a little better day by day ,its been about 3 days since the last shock treatment ,I went out today and brushed,vacumed,and drained and replaced about a foot of water so i'm hoping tomorrow will look even better!

And DON'T let your chlorine drop!
===============================

I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”