What is the Largest Basket Capacity for a Pool Pump?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.

What is the Largest Basket Capacity for a Pool Pump?

Postby Guest » Fri 16 Nov, 2007 15:05

This pool is in the desert in southern California, with summer temps up to about 112. We often avoid coming to this house in the summer for sometimes many months.

This is what I am planning. I am planning on getting some kind of automatic pool vacuuming system, but I also need a new pool pump.

I am only guessing here, but need help from anyone who knows, but I assume that the vacuum machine wading around in the pool will suck all the dirt and debris and send it to the pool pump basket.

Thus, I again assume that we need as big as a pump basket as possible so that we don't have to physically be here in the summer months, and don't have to worry about the pump basket getting full of leaves and needing to be cleaned by myself or another pool cleaner. (Despite the fact that there are 2 pool skimmers, I assume again, that after we install the vacuum machine there will only be the one skimmer basket and of course the pool pumps' basket). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as I know the Hayward Northstar has the biggest basket at 220 cubic inches. Does anybody know if there is another pump that has an even larger basket size or what pump has the largest basket size? so that we can leave the pool on its own without tending to for the longest time possible?

It is an in-ground pool, about 39 feet long, 19 feet wide, 8.0 feet deep, 5 feet in the middle and 3 feet in the shallow. All together, I think it is about 23,000 gallons?

If anybody knows which pool pump has the largest basket capacity or fundamentally about how to increase the holding capacity of the pools' leaves and debris without anyone having to physically empty these relatively small skimmer and pool pump baskets for the longest period of time possible, please let me know. I hope to hear anything helpful . Thank you very much.

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Fri 16 Nov, 2007 19:58

I think that pump does have biggest basket and depending on if you get a suction cleaner you could add leaf-trap inbetween cleaner hoses before skimmer to catch debris.
hayward leaf-trap

also a good pool cover would put stop to debris.
pool cover
remember
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby remember » Fri 16 Nov, 2007 20:49

I will study about this leaf trap thing, before I ask you very basic questions. Thanks for help so far.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”