just had pool resurfaced,now pool pump has no pressure help!

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Lindsay

just had pool resurfaced,now pool pump has no pressure help!

Postby Lindsay » Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:29

i have a sand filter and i just got my pool resurfaced,i have a hayward suction guy that cleans the bottoms of my pool.the company that did my pool resurfacing told me i needed to keep my pool suction guy running all the time to keep debri from sitting at the bottom of the pool while the new diamond brite surface is becoming adjusted.my suction guy does not have any suction because my pool pump is very low in vacuum pressure and my water coming out of my jets is very low.i have backwashed my pool several times to drain the excess film that is needed to come off the new surface.my sand filter is rather old.i don't know what is wrong.as you can tell i am not experienced with pools of any sort and i really am in need of some help.i greatly appreciate any comments.thank you!

Re: just had pool resurfaced,now pool pump has no pressure h

Postby Guest » Wed 24 Sep, 2008 19:52

If you know what the pressure gauge on top of the filter is, check it. Is it up or down from where it normally is? If the pressure is high then you probably need some backwashing or new sand. If the pressure is low, remove the cleaner and see if the pressure and flow goes up.

Lindsay wrote:i have a sand filter and i just got my pool resurfaced,i have a hayward suction guy that cleans the bottoms of my pool.the company that did my pool resurfacing told me i needed to keep my pool suction guy running all the time to keep debri from sitting at the bottom of the pool while the new diamond brite surface is becoming adjusted.my suction guy does not have any suction because my pool pump is very low in vacuum pressure and my water coming out of my jets is very low.i have backwashed my pool several times to drain the excess film that is needed to come off the new surface.my sand filter is rather old.i don't know what is wrong.as you can tell i am not experienced with pools of any sort and i really am in need of some help.i greatly appreciate any comments.thank you!

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”