What causes caretaker 99 to lower pressure between cycles???

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Don M

Postby Don M » Wed 28 Jan, 2009 10:16

My caretaker 99 is malfunctioning! The system goes through 3 cycles that open caretakers at bottom of pool as normal, then the problem starts. The system then hangs for approximately 5 minutes at a high pressure around 30. Then it goes through the same 3 cycles again. I guess my question is what cause the drop in pressure between cycles??? After the 3rd good cycle the pressure does not drop but goes to 30. What cause the pressure to drop between cycles?????

Me...

Postby Me... » Mon 23 Feb, 2009 06:48

Sounds like the distribution head is functioning so possibly you have some plugged/seized heads? Maybe you could describe what a normal cycle is as far as pressures and # of heads popping up.
zteamtwo

Postby zteamtwo » Sun 22 Mar, 2009 14:21

I also have a Caretaker system--have had it for 10 years--works great. If your system is hanging up on certain zones (1) make sure your filter is clean (2) check the stainless steel filter that is just above the head unit (black thing) for "trash" and if this does not work then call Caretaker (Polaris) and have them send you a rebuild kit for the "black thing"--it is over $400 but they will send it free if you are the original owner--it comes with instructions and is fairly easy to change.

Postby Guest » Mon 23 Mar, 2009 00:16

thanks zteamtwo

I had this problem last fall and never got it sorted out. I'm going to call Polaris in the morning
:D :D :D
howardw

Postby howardw » Mon 13 Jul, 2009 09:24

I have had this same problem too. Just had the pool guy out. He rebuilt the caretaker module that has the 5 different valve assmeblies in it. The valves are attached in a way that looks like some sort of white plyable plastic that actually moves with the valves. Most of mine were torn, with use. This would let the pressure, and water bypass and leak, and some of the pop ups would never come up. The valve assembly looks like a black dome half, that is in the ground by the pool equipment....same location that has the pressure guage for the caretakers. Disassemble that whole black valve, and if you are handy, you can buy the replacement pasrts and do this your self. It was easy when I saw my pool guy do it. Running like new now.
Roger Williams

Postby Roger Williams » Sat 15 Aug, 2009 11:50

howardw wrote:I have had this same problem too. Just had the pool guy out. He rebuilt the caretaker module that has the 5 different valve assmeblies in it. The valves are attached in a way that looks like some sort of white plyable plastic that actually moves with the valves. Most of mine were torn, with use. This would let the pressure, and water bypass and leak, and some of the pop ups would never come up. The valve assembly looks like a black dome half, that is in the ground by the pool equipment....same location that has the pressure guage for the caretakers. Disassemble that whole black valve, and if you are handy, you can buy the replacement pasrts and do this your self. It was easy when I saw my pool guy do it. Running like new now.
Elton

Postby Elton » Fri 13 Nov, 2009 10:56

howardw wrote:I have had this same problem too. Just had the pool guy out. He rebuilt the caretaker module that has the 5 different valve assmeblies in it. The valves are attached in a way that looks like some sort of white plyable plastic that actually moves with the valves. Most of mine were torn, with use. This would let the pressure, and water bypass and leak, and some of the pop ups would never come up. The valve assembly looks like a black dome half, that is in the ground by the pool equipment....same location that has the pressure guage for the caretakers. Disassemble that whole black valve, and if you are handy, you can buy the replacement pasrts and do this your self. It was easy when I saw my pool guy do it. Running like new now.

Thanks for the info. I just checked my caretaker module and the pressure gauge is broken and it leaks around the module. Thanks again. Calling my pool guy

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”