Need help with pump/skimmer!!! Weird occurances!

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
niklepikle
I'm new here
I'm new here

Need help with pump/skimmer!!! Weird occurances!

Postby niklepikle » Sat 27 May, 2006 00:05

OK, we just got a doughboy above ground pool 28'. It was installed/finished 3 wks ago. Saltwater. Everything going fine, needed to get chlorine stableized and balanced (what the pool guy said after testing water) added stableizer to skimmer, slowly, and 2 days later the input jet to the pool is very weak and the skimmer is just not working. SO, I plugged the skimmer, turned pump off and took out filter to check, but water started FLOWING EVERYWHERE. I thought that my plug from the skimmer had come out, but it was actually water coming back from the pump and out. The only way Icould get it to stop was to put the top back on (where the big O ring is) now I have NO IDEA what to do....My pool guy, well, I have no confidence in him as he has contradicted himself with all information I got from the salt generator people over how to start up.......I am new pool owner and have no idea what I am doing. I have turned everything off and need to know where to go from here! Thanks so much! [list=][/list]

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”