Leaking filter

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
redboy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Leaking filter

Postby redboy » Mon 08 Jun, 2009 20:25

i have an above ground doughboy pool ,I believe the measurments are 32 by 16 feet.My problem this year is that when I turn the pump on all my water start running out of my backwash port on my filter.I had a problem with it leaking last year and replaced the gasket,it stopped leaking.this year however its beyond a leak.And I know all the hoses are where they should be.Any troubleshooting ideas for me?
I dont think the gasket could possibly be bad again after one season.

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Leaking filter

Postby Denali » Mon 08 Jun, 2009 22:46

redboy wrote:i have an above ground doughboy pool ,I believe the measurments are 32 by 16 feet.My problem this year is that when I turn the pump on all my water start running out of my backwash port on my filter.I had a problem with it leaking last year and replaced the gasket,it stopped leaking.this year however its beyond a leak.And I know all the hoses are where they should be.Any troubleshooting ideas for me?
I dont think the gasket could possibly be bad again after one season.

Open up the multiport valve and have a look. Sometimes the gasket comes out of place.
redboy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Leaking filter

Postby redboy » Fri 12 Jun, 2009 17:59

i got it fixed the spring inside the Muti valve cap was broken in half.
quinn0622

Leaking filter

Postby quinn0622 » Tue 16 Jun, 2009 19:05

i have a de filter that has a crack on the bottom ,what is the best way for a temp fix.we won't be in the house next year

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”