Don't Understand my Valves

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Debby
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18,000 gal. salt water pool/spa combination. The equipment is a Hayward filter, Zodiac Salt Chlorinator, Pentair Pool Heater, jandy valves, 2 Pentair pumps, Purex Separation Tank, and a Hayward Navigator Auto cleaner.

Postby Debby » Sun 19 Jul, 2009 16:20

Hi I'm new. Anyway, we just got a Hayward navagator pool cleaner which we like so far. But today we decided that we just wanted the skimmers to operate for awhile since it seems with the vac running it has really cut down on the sucking action in our 2 skimmers. We went back to the equipment to change the valve and can't seem to get the vac to stop working anf the skimmers to work up the their previous power. We have the Jandy never lube valve and it's black. It says off on one end, but it is hard to figure out where to point it to shut off the cleaner line. When we tried earlier we were able to get one of the skimmers to start pulling debris into it, but the other did't appeat to be working at all, and the vac was still going. We need help! Is there a website that explans these valves??

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Mon 20 Jul, 2009 05:31

Debby wrote:Hi I'm new. Anyway, we just got a Hayward navagator pool cleaner which we like so far. But today we decided that we just wanted the skimmers to operate for awhile since it seems with the vac running it has really cut down on the sucking action in our 2 skimmers. We went back to the equipment to change the valve and can't seem to get the vac to stop working anf the skimmers to work up the their previous power. We have the Jandy never lube valve and it's black. It says off on one end, but it is hard to figure out where to point it to shut off the cleaner line. When we tried earlier we were able to get one of the skimmers to start pulling debris into it, but the other did't appeat to be working at all, and the vac was still going. We need help! Is there a website that explans these valves??

Hi,

OFF should point toward the pipe you are trying to close off. Systems are plumbed in many different ways so would need more info on your system to give you best information. If you know which pipe leads to the cleaner then just turn the valve to have OFF face that pipe.

Hope that helps.
Pool Clown
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uses a Chlorine generator, not a Salt Water Generator (SWG).

Postby Pool Clown » Thu 10 Sep, 2009 00:23

Could you post a pic of the valves?
Factory warranty service for Pentair, Jandy, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”