no pressure for the step jets

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Tom C

Postby Tom C » Thu 05 Aug, 2010 14:12

35x15 inground pool with a new filter and pump. The 2 main jets have tons of pressure. I have just noticed that the 2 jets near the steps have no water flowing out of them. All 4 were fine last week. Thanks in advance for your help. Tom

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Thu 05 Aug, 2010 22:44

Tom C wrote:35x15 inground pool with a new filter and pump. The 2 main jets have tons of pressure. I have just noticed that the 2 jets near the steps have no water flowing out of them. All 4 were fine last week. Thanks in advance for your help. Tom

Did you happen to change the eyeball returns at all? A lot of times when someone changes those out, they go in to the pool store, ask for new returns, then they sell you a handful of the same size eyeballs. Most of these employees aren't trained to know the eyeballs closest to the pump are actually slightly smaller than the ones furthest away. They in-turn sell you a bunch of larger eyeball holes, therefore all your pressure is lost before the last eyeball(s) can be reached falsely giving the pool owner a sense something may be wrong (water takes the course of least resistance). On the other hand, if this is a new pump, did you happen to go smaller in size? If this is the case, you may need to place smaller eyeball returns on all the returns to force the new lower pressure reach the last fittings. If not, is it possible some debris got through the lines when they were swapping equipment causing a clog on the return line?
tono

Postby tono » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 19:55

their no pressure on jets only when i push one of jets in will pressure will work did switch jets, trying to see if i had a bad jet, but the problem continue.it seems does fit loose

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”