The vf pump v flotsam

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
dalehileman

The vf pump v flotsam

Postby dalehileman » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 15:48

Thank you again simi for your patient indulgence in this cacophony of unbridled antagonism

Admittedly the savings seem promising though I'm pretty well resigned to the idea I shall have to skim the flotsam manually

However still wondering whether any participant might have encountered a 4-speed vf with manual switch but no electronics (I do know of such a unit but it's two speed and though its owner claims significant saving, I was hoping for one providing even slower settings)

Incidentally speaking of the flow setting to anyone who has switched to vf but who is also using using a Polaris booster, curious to learn whether your vf set to its lowest speed delivers enough flow to accommodate your booster, especially using a sand filter or the like putting up some resistance. Though I've been assured that it does I'm nonetheless a bit skeptical If flow rate at the output of the filter is lower than required by the booster then a negative pressure might develop

Reason for concern: If it sucks air the booster can quickly self-destruct. Thus interested to hear from you if you have such a system and whether as a precautionary measure you might also have installed a pressure gage at that point

lbridges
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: Geometric 16K gal shotcrete w/exposed aggregate; Pentair EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, VS-3050 pump, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG; Heliocol solar. Rocky's reel

The vf pump v flotsam

Postby lbridges » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 22:29

simiguy wrote:...So lbridges, there's an educational requirement to post on a pool forum? ...Cheers.

Can't recall I ever said there was one - can you point me to a thread in which I so stated?

I gave a relatively easy way for him (based on his claimed credentials) to have me publicly admit I was wrong. You choose to ignore some facts and attack me, not sure why, but that's OK.

I have no objection to dalehileman informative or inquisitive posts anywhere.

I gave you some reasons on why dalehileman tends to troll behavior, included a quote from him, as well as definitions on the subject to support why I did that so that readers could judge for themselves. So, simiguy, Is there a requirement for me not to post information about posts that indicate troll behavior?

BTW, I suspect you are also dalehileman, so adios.
Handy Dandy

The vf pump v flotsam

Postby Handy Dandy » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 01:27

Dale's ability to reiterate the problem in a myriad number of ways is a testament to his exceptional intelligence and perseverance in the face of almost insurmountable obstacles. In all Dale's trials, I imagine that he feels encouraged and sometimes even upheld by a secret force within. I do not claim that the portrait I present here is a true one, only that it comes close.

If the truth is left in darkness, errors will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the errors, but the one who causes the darkness. Dale merely seeks the more honest and noble truth, yet he is tormented by those who do not wish to suffer the wrenching, cataclysmic changes that would be wrought by such truth.

Dale does his level best to face the endless small ignominies that arise from his persistent search for the best way to exist within this mortal coil. All things considered, Dale, there is nothing to fear from these people. People are all too often ignorant of things they ought to know. Sooner or later, the splendid question of universal education will take its position with the irresistible authority of absolute truth.

I, for one, am inspired by Dale's heroic search for the truth. He's probably a nameless, faceless nobody toiling away deep in the bowels of some institutional hellhole. Perhaps they have him shoved in some sort of makeshift office that doubles as a supply closet where vats of leaky chemicals slowly, inexorably eat away at what's left of his sanity. Perhaps different chemicals affect different parts of his brain. Perhaps the turpentine targets his amygdala, the ammonia targets his prefrontal cortex and the unidentified container of viscous green goo targets his thalamus. Who knows, and who cares? Alone and forgotten, he stoically endures, even when it takes every ounce of his willpower not to scale the nearest clock tower and express his rage in the most brutal fashion.

I imagine that he loads up his Daffy Duck Pez dispenser every morning with extra strength Thorazine and begins popping them as fast as he can in a desperate attempt to ward off an impending full psychotic break.

Perhaps he goes home alone to his dingy little apartment and cries himself to sleep after eating a cold can of beans and reading a good book, his only respite from an otherwise horrifying nightmare of a life.

Maybe he comes on these boards in a last ditch effort to assuage his guilt over a life of dreams unfulfilled and opportunities wasted. Perhaps if he could only find the answers to a few simple questions, he could feel as if his life actually had some sort of meaning. Is it really too much to ask that someone exude even the most minute amount of compassion or empathy for Dale before he is once again thrust into the gaping maw of an unrelentingly oppressive reality?
dalehileman

The vf pump v flotsam

Postby dalehileman » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:24

Thank you Handy for a rare tribute in this cosmos of relentless derision
dalehileman

The vf pump v flotsam

Postby dalehileman » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 10:34

Meantime however reiterate my contention that flow rate might be critical with auxiliary connections at outflow so eager to hear from anyone having actualized such an installation--again thanks all
lbridges
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: Geometric 16K gal shotcrete w/exposed aggregate; Pentair EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, VS-3050 pump, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG; Heliocol solar. Rocky's reel

The vf pump v flotsam

Postby lbridges » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 11:45

Handy Dandy wrote:Dale's ability ... Is it really too much to ask that someone exude even the most minute amount of compassion or empathy for Dale before he is once again thrust into the gaping maw of an unrelentingly oppressive reality?

Now that was funny, I don't care what anyone says.
dalehileman

The vf pump v flotsam

Postby dalehileman » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 12:41

Yes bridges there's a chance Handy's post was entirely tongue-in-cheek but it was so well written that in any case I ingenuously cherish it hoping in my overwhelming ignorance that it was entirely sincere

....but that' all OT. Has anyone by the sheerest chance converted to vf (preferably without built-in PC though I'm losing hope) running at low speed still with booster connection to output of filter

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”