Phosphates

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
RonPace
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uncovered inground 12x6M, Cl and Ph solenoid doser. Glass media filter. South France

Phosphates

Postby RonPace » Fri 17 Sep, 2021 12:32

I am opening a new thread on this following a useful tip from teapot on another thread, in case it might be of general interest in algae control.

Following your comments I see that phosphate remover is readily available in the shops here, along with test strips. mainly Bayrol 'Nophos'.

Reading on the subject, there are quite a few sites addressing the subject, but worryingly one, Swimming pool University, says phosphate care is a waste of time, and rabbits on about the soap industry! Are they credible...?

Back to Nophos. What are the levels at which one should add phosphate remover? And how often should one test for phosphate presence?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Phosphates

Postby Teapot1 » Sat 18 Sep, 2021 07:12

Swimming pool university, straight out of the old rumour school of pools.

Needed as required I usually carry out the test towards the end of the season as all farming has ceased by then and before I put the pool away for winter.
Bayrol does supply some of of the Dryden Aqua products, Dryden's no phos is very good.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”