I killed it but.

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.

I killed it but.

Postby Guest » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 20:43

This stuff is CRAP!

Get rid of your sand filter that doesn't catch anything and buy a DE or cartridge filter thats big and those problems go away.

I killed it but.

Postby Guest » Tue 17 Sep, 2013 08:56

i did the same thing with my above ground pool and no vacuum. I had to turn the filter off for a few hours and the water got crystal clear with orange/green sludge at the bottom. So I got a shop vac and vacuumed the bottom slowly bc it scatters. Then turned the filter on for a few hours. Then repeated the next day. After that my pool was cear after running the free that second day. Oh and I also put a bag of shock in right after to help clear and remaining bad stuff!
Humnbird
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above ground bladder frame with sand filter

Re: I killed it but.

Postby Humnbird » Sat 06 Jul, 2019 09:01

I put this in my pool last night. I have a 5061 gallon pool, and was advised to use the full package for a 10,000 gal pool. My water is clear, with much junk on bottom of pool on the floor. I need to get in my pool to vacuum. How long should I wait before getting in? With that much shock, is it safe to put my arm in to check the levels? First year pool owner, and im about ready to get a kayak and a knife. Stab the pool, and go for a ride.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 06 Jul, 2019 17:07

Humnbird wrote:I put this in my pool last night. I have a 5061 gallon pool, and was advised to use the full package for a 10,000 gal pool. My water is clear, with much junk on bottom of pool on the floor. I need to get in my pool to vacuum. How long should I wait before getting in? With that much shock, is it safe to put my arm in to check the levels? First year pool owner, and im about ready to get a kayak and a knife. Stab the pool, and go for a ride.

You are safe getting in a pool up to your shock level of chlorine which is relative to your CYA
Chlorine / CYA Chart
Recommended Pool Levels
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Sun 07 Jul, 2019 00:51

Guest wrote:
This stuff is CRAP!

Get rid of your sand filter that doesn't catch anything and buy a DE or cartridge filter thats big and those problems go away.

As a pro, I can categorically state those problems do not go away. Maintaining the correct chlorine level relative to the CYA level and your problem goes away.
free chlorine level 5-7% of the CYA level for normal running.
Free chlorine level 40% of the CYA level for shock.

Green to blue is just a cheap flocculant.
JennyNcountry83
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Above ground pool 10,000 gallons with sand filter 2 years old

Postby JennyNcountry83 » Fri 16 Aug, 2019 08:20

This is my second time using green to blue. First time it came out perfect. PERFECT!!! NOW... I'm looking at nasty stuff floating on top... kinda oily? Anyone ever had that?... looking at maybe draining it? It's been a hot week here in Texas so I'm completely ?!?! puzzled on thinking maybe the heat is messing it up... any help here please... please... I have a house of teens and 2 more weeks until school starts... thanks
Pulsiferw
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24 round above ground, filter cartridge

Postby Pulsiferw » Mon 25 May, 2020 11:57

I used this product and I have a filter cartridge and it did the same thing . I called my pool company ( where I purchased my pool ) and they had me purchase this fiber clear pure cellulose filtration media that you put in skimmer and helps coat the filter to catch what the filter wouldn’t. It’s worked fantastic.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”