Mustard Algae Need Help!

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Dproctor
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a 27 ft round pool 4 ft deep. Above ground. It has a Hayward sand filter. Not sure about the pump.

Mustard Algae Need Help!

Postby Dproctor » Sun 20 May, 2012 19:28

I have had my pool (27' above ground) for 12 years. The past few years I have had a problem with Mustard Algae. The pool place sold me 2 bottles of yellow rid and a 5 lb bottle of shock. I did that about a week and half ago. I have vacuumed to waste 2 different times and actually bought one more bottle of yellow rid and have used it as well, followed by a few bags of shock. There is still a tad of the "dust" that she said was probably mustard algae on the bottom and I plan on vacuuming it to waste tomorrow. Problem is I still can't get chlorine levels up or PH up in my pool. Tonight, I added 1 bottle of alkalinity increaser, 2 bags of shock, and quite of bit of algaecide so I don't know what the correct levels read at this time and now it's getting ready to storm! UGH! Any way.... question is How in the world can I get rid of this mustard algae?? And what in the world do I need to do to up my PH and get my chlorine up?.... I used the strips and the test kit and both show NO chlorine and PH was 6.8 (before I put all that stuff in it mentioned above.) Water is clear til I add shock, then it's green for an hours or so. Your help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! After 12 years you'd think I'd know something but every year I seem to have some new problem.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”