From green to red water

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
prop
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

From green to red water

Postby prop » Wed 10 Jul, 2013 10:00

i have been opening maintaining and closing my in grouind pool for 20 years and never had this problem.there was some algee build up and i usaually schock it and vacumn and that usally clears it up.i did the same and had to add water ,then it went from green to red .the pool place tells me it`s copper in the water and i have to let the chlorine level come down before i had this metal treatmemt.i also have a pool at our house in mexico and had a similar problem last year.the city water we get down there was very hard and reacted to chlorine by turning brown,so i believe this is a similar problem.as far as i know our tap water has not changed here but we did have a record for rainfall in june here in ny.just wondering if the city water supply culd be harder because of the rain?i didn`t have this problem last month just within the last 2 days.my chlorine is way out of wack since i schocked again yesterday.here is the the readout
satuation index -2.6
tds 450
total cholrine 10
free chlorine 8.8
p.h. <6.2
tot alkalinity 17

guess i`ll just run the filter nonstop for a couple of days and backwash alot.any suggestions?

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”