Green Water

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
kslagoon

Green Water

Postby kslagoon » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 18:03

I have a 10,000 gallon above ground pool. The water was crystal clear and we had a day of 100 degree weather, which happened to be the same day I noticed that the water was towards the bottom of the skimmer and I had to stop the pump until I filled it sufficiently.
That was the start of the Kansas Lagoon! It is now two weeks later and I have been packing the pool full of chlorine and algacide with no help. I took a sample to the local pool company who said I had NO free cholorine and NO chlorine at all registering, so I put 2 pounds of chlorine in yesterday with 16 oz of algacide, I scrubbed the pool 3 times in the last 24 hours. I put another pound in today and the chlorine level registers at the 3ppm - however, it is now 24 hours and the pool is NOT any closer to being blue than it was when I started. I am thinking after two weeks of at least 2 lbs of chlorine a day I should be getting somewhere - ANY IDEAS????

Cutz4alls Daddy

green water

Postby Cutz4alls Daddy » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 21:23

you probably have minerals in the water get these tabs called FERRITABS in 24 hrs your water will be back to crystal vacum up the dead green happy Swimming KISS KISS :P

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”