vaccum to waste is not working; neither are jets

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
cleopatra

vaccum to waste is not working; neither are jets

Postby cleopatra » Tue 18 Jul, 2006 13:21

Hello, I am new to this so my words will probably be in laymans terms. Just last week everything was going well, or so I thought. I could vaccum with no problem using the vac to waste.
Now, I tried to vaccum using the waste setting. Nothing is happening, the waste setting won't even empty the water out of the skimmer. It seems to not be sucking at all. I have tried backwashing and rinsing, still nothing. Now, when I turn the setting back to filter my jets are not blowing.

How do I clean the filter you speak of? Please help me I am tired of paying $500 for someone else to do what I could have.
Thanks,
Cleopatra[quote][/quote]

cbswh
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby cbswh » Tue 18 Jul, 2006 20:16

From what I understand, sounds like the pump isn't moving water. Is the pump running? If so, and it's not moving water, the impeller in the pump may be stuck due to debris and not turning. Or it could be it's lost it's prime, therefore is just full of air and not moving water. If so, the pump housing will feel hot, and you won't see any water moving thru the clear glass in front of the pump where the basket is located.

If the impeller's stuck, you're gonna have to open the pump and clear the debris. If it's lost it's prime, open the lid of the pump basket and stick a water hose in there and let it run until all lines are full of water and forces the air out.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”