Never ending Algae!

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.

Never ending Algae!

Postby Guest » Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:02

I have a 24' above ground pool w/ a cartridge filter. My pool has not fully turned green, but the Algae appears at the bottom of my pool and in my filter. It has been present for the past 3 weeks and we have shocked (as instructed by the pool company) and have vaccumed & cleaned the filter 2-3 times a day. My pool was completey clear 2 days ago, but my filter was green. Shocked again yesterday and now my pool is cloudy with a tinge of green. What are we missing. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

rangergirl64

pool algea

Postby rangergirl64 » Mon 07 Aug, 2006 22:35

Hi, I went crazy on using chlorine. For a 18' vinyl pool I used 2 gal one day and 2 gal the next. The algea will eat up a lot of the chlorine. It should be dead by the 3rd day, but needs to be filtered out. Clean your filter a few times a day and put some clarifier in it so it is easier for the filter to catch. Also brush the sides and bottom of the pool to loosen the dead algea up. Hope this works for you. Oh yeah, shock your pool once a week to keep chlorine level up and stop algea from regrowing. I have heard of a "algaebar" that's suppored to work wonders. I have not tried it, but look it up on the internet and you can read all about it!

Postby Guest » Tue 08 Aug, 2006 14:57

Thank you for your response. Maybe the clarifier is what I am missing!
Some days I wonder if this pool thing is worth it!

Thanks again!

One more thing!

Postby Guest » Tue 08 Aug, 2006 14:59

One more thing. Did you use liquid shock once a week or the bag shock?

Thanks

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”