Black Algae??? or is it a stain

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
JohnCarlo

Black Algae??? or is it a stain

Postby JohnCarlo » Fri 18 Aug, 2006 10:47

I have a new white plaster pool and have what I believe to be a black algae problem - small black circles (about 6 or so the size of a pencil eraser) in the pool. I have tired to use a pumice stone to remove the spots to no avail. I have superchlorinated on 3 separate occassions as well as a used an algicide (with signficant brushing). Only thing that seems to help is rubbing a chlorine puck on them. I has someone tell me recently that maybe it is a stain? They said that if I had black algae it should rub off with a pumice stone and that I should actually feel a little bump on the stain. Is that true??? I am fustrated and cannot figure out what to do next

Re: Black Algae??? or is it a stain

Postby Guest » Sun 10 Sep, 2006 07:09

JohnCarlo wrote:I have a new white plaster pool and have what I believe to be a black algae problem - small black circles (about 6 or so the size of a pencil eraser) in the pool. I have tired to use a pumice stone to remove the spots to no avail. I have superchlorinated on 3 separate occassions as well as a used an algicide (with signficant brushing). Only thing that seems to help is rubbing a chlorine puck on them. I has someone tell me recently that maybe it is a stain? They said that if I had black algae it should rub off with a pumice stone and that I should actually feel a little bump on the stain. Is that true??? I am fustrated and cannot figure out what to do next

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”