Green pool now BLUE!!

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
sheila
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Green pool now BLUE!!

Postby sheila » Thu 30 Jun, 2005 16:16

Finally someone new what they were talking about!! I had a green pool for about 3 weeks never blue this season well water too....at least $100.+ in chemicals with no no no results!! Afraid of the clorox thing ( 2 kids) Finally gave in and went to pool store again bought a new cartiage filter and found :D miss wonderful!! :D She said you have to shock the crap out of it, not a couple bags of the strongest shock 8 bags of the strongest shock! I think we used zappit from pool a rama. She said a little just dents it, the it comes right back. 20,000 gallon pool. I put it in all at 1 time 24 hours later tons and tons of yellow green stuff at the bottom, the water looked blue. vaccum to waste it right out, if you did it through the filter some will just shoot right back in!! put the hose in too. (2 people needed 1 person to hold the hose for vaccuming on the outside or get a huge rock to hold it down)I stood on the pool wall and vaccumed from there but you need to go really slow not to stir it up to much! Shocked it with 5 bags of shock normal when i finished. 24 hrs later Then I put in a clarifier in to make the cloudy water clear and the dead organic stuff fall to the ground. I will vaccum that today my bottle said 8 hours. 15 min after putting this in it started to clear up now we can see the bottom!! :D :D I'm adding a nuture 2 today too, we had it the 1st year and for some crazy reason we didn't put it back in the 2nd!! I never thought we would swim this year. Some of my chemicals were from the pool store and some from walmart. We have a huge oak tree over our pool and we just invested more $$$ in a leaf net. it blocks almost every little droppling from above. worth the $$! :D :D GOOD LUCK!! :D :D [/i][/b]

sheila
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby sheila » Sat 16 Jul, 2005 12:53

:D :D :D :D Still blue!! I have to clarify and use algacide once a week. I still vaccum to waste to make sure there is no algae. If you see any green brown algae you need to shock a ton then clarify follow directions, vaccum the crap out! We add some well water once a week too. Good luck!! :D :D :D :D

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”