Green Mustard Algae

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Shirleysh

Green Mustard Algae

Postby Shirleysh » Sat 16 Sep, 2006 09:51

I have had my pool and house less than a year and my husband is ready to make it a cement garden. We have had a beautiful clear blue pool until summer. Then overnight this green tint took place and then by the time I could shock, flock my pump sand filter sand had to be changed. I have been waiting for a week for that and now I can still see the bottom but the water is green even on the sides again. It could still be days because I can't vacuum. What should I do. I apologized to my neighbor for it looking this way from here upstairs window. Should I drain and start over, or just wait until the sand is replace. Then what should I start with to rectifiy this problem myself. I have spent a literal fortune in this pool this summer. I want this pool, but I need help fast.

Shirley

the pool doctor

algae blooms

Postby the pool doctor » Wed 04 Oct, 2006 18:53

you need to find the source of algae,do you have a roof,gutters,root bound planters or trees overhanging pool? if so they need to be superchlorinated at night to kill algae source.the deck surrounding pool if covered in cool deck or any other form of skim coat is sealing in algae and algae will follow every crack and crevice in deck and eventually bloom through tile grout anddown walls of pool. wherever algae bloom starts is where you need to superchlorinate. i hope this helps

Re: Green Mustard Algae

Postby Guest » Sat 19 May, 2007 07:27

Shirleysh wrote:I have had my pool and house less than a year and my husband is ready to make it a cement garden. We have had a beautiful clear blue pool until summer. Then overnight this green tint took place and then by the time I could shock, flock my pump sand filter sand had to be changed. I have been waiting for a week for that and now I can still see the bottom but the water is green even on the sides again. It could still be days because I can't vacuum. What should I do. I apologized to my neighbor for it looking this way from here upstairs window. Should I drain and start over, or just wait until the sand is replace. Then what should I start with to rectifiy this problem myself. I have spent a literal fortune in this pool this summer. I want this pool, but I need help fast.

Shirley

yellow out and di chlor...drop out and backwash! backwash backwah!

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”