HELP!!!

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
chasli021
I'm new here
I'm new here

HELP!!!

Postby chasli021 » Tue 08 May, 2007 08:55

I have been trying to get my pool clear for 3 weeks now. I followed the steps that the pool place said by shocking, adding algaecide and alkalinity up. My pool is still a blue-green color. I know that scrubbing and vacuuming would help, however my neighbors kids threw rocks all in the pool. I was told not to vaccum until the water clears up and we can see the rocks to get them out, so they wouldn't tear the liner, but the water still isn't clear. Should I go ahead and put the water clarifier in the pool or wait? Also, if I add the PH Rise (if needed) will that help clear up the water as well? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

me_too

Re: HELP!!!

Postby me_too » Tue 08 May, 2007 10:27

chasli021 wrote:I have been trying to get my pool clear for 3 weeks now. I followed the steps that the pool place said by shocking, adding algaecide and alkalinity up. My pool is still a blue-green color. I know that scrubbing and vacuuming would help, however my neighbors kids threw rocks all in the pool. I was told not to vaccum until the water clears up and we can see the rocks to get them out, so they wouldn't tear the liner, but the water still isn't clear. Should I go ahead and put the water clarifier in the pool or wait? Also, if I add the PH Rise (if needed) will that help clear up the water as well? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Step 1: Stop adding chemicals.
Step 2: Get the water tested, including iron.
Step 3: Don't let them sell you anything.
Step 4: Don't let them sell you anything.
Step 5: Report back with the numbers.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”