Please help me!!!! weid bugs n stuff

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.

Please help me!!!! weid bugs n stuff

Postby Guest » Wed 23 May, 2007 09:27

My water was a dark green. I shocked it with 8 gallons of shock. My water is now bluish white. I cant see past 4 inches down. My main concern is there is so many squiggly worms and these bugs that look weird....with flipper fins to swim around with and why didnt the shock kill them?. And I have what i believe is algae on the bottom cuz I tried to vacuum it and all this dark green water came back into the pool. I have a brand new sand filter so it's not that. Also I have been running my pool constantly. Please help me :x

me_too

Re: Please help me!!!! weid bugs n stuff

Postby me_too » Wed 23 May, 2007 11:00

Anonymous wrote:My water was a dark green. I shocked it with 8 gallons of shock. My water is now bluish white. I cant see past 4 inches down. My main concern is there is so many squiggly worms and these bugs that look weird....with flipper fins to swim around with and why didnt the shock kill them?. And I have what i believe is algae on the bottom cuz I tried to vacuum it and all this dark green water came back into the pool. I have a brand new sand filter so it's not that. Also I have been running my pool constantly. Please help me :x

Well, before you shock try vacuuming all the inhabitants to waste.

Postby Guest » Wed 23 May, 2007 11:50

I have been vacuuming even though I cant see what i am doing. I am trying to be careful not to rip my liner cuz there is debris in my pool cuz my cover ripped so I kinda want to get it clear before I really get to vacuuming so I can see what i am doing
me_too

Postby me_too » Wed 23 May, 2007 12:08

Anonymous wrote:I have been vacuuming even though I cant see what i am doing. I am trying to be careful not to rip my liner cuz there is debris in my pool cuz my cover ripped so I kinda want to get it clear before I really get to vacuuming so I can see what i am doing

Yes you can use a net or a special leaf bag to pick up the bigger debris. Make sure the stuff goes out the pool , there's a valve on the filter that you can set to 'drain' or waste'.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”