Pool is green

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
IkeRay
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby IkeRay » Tue 05 Jun, 2007 00:16

i did mention, but it was in the post that said "pool user" not with my username so you might have missed it. i have a 27,000 gallon pool (inground gunite).

and yes, .2 ppm, i had run out of shock, but my chlorinator has been on full the entire time. so, what you were saying is that i can eliminate the use of tablets all together? or should i still have the tablets running through a chlorinator and use the bleach just as a shock method?

so i should add about 7 gal of bleach to shock?

and do you have a solution to the vacuuming problem?

Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Tue 05 Jun, 2007 01:45

IkeRay - Sorry, it gets confusing with posts within posts and so many "poolusers". Yes, that would be 7 gallons of regular strength Chlorox.

I see also, looking back you said your CYA is at the lower end of the scale which, to me would be 30. You can use tabs but like I said, when you are nearing 50 I would discontinue use of tabs altogether as well as the dry shocks that are stabilized.

You need to hit your pool hard and constantly for a few days. Keep that level of chlorine up to the shock level
paperlade

cloudy

Postby paperlade » Tue 05 Jun, 2007 07:29

so, i have the chlorine level really high...showing bright orange on the test. it's made the pool go from pea soup green to cloudy cloudy. do i keep running the filter, or turn it off and let everything settle and then backwash?
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Wed 06 Jun, 2007 00:19

Keep it running. It can take 3 days to a week to clear. Make sure your pH is not too high.
rockongolddustwoman

cloudy cloudy

Postby rockongolddustwoman » Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:44

After the algaecide or chlorine has turned the water from green to "cloudy, cloudy" as mentioned I like to use a product called Clear Blue from the pool supply store that clings onto the dead algae (now white, not green) and causes it to settle to the bottom overnight and can simply be vacuumed up in the morning. It saves an IMMENSE amount of time! It is also sold by "Guardex" as a product called "super clarity". It is simply a water clarifier that you are looking for in a 946ml container and you will only need to use a 1/3 of the bottle for a regular 16ft x 36ft pool with a 9ft deep end.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”