Help

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
ms.carter
I'm new here
I'm new here

Help

Postby ms.carter » Sun 26 May, 2019 14:08

Okay, so a little background info for you guys. I have a little above ground pool I purchased last summer. It’s nothing too fancy just a 15’x4’ summer waves pool. I left it up all winter, I thought this would help save me from having to purchase more water this summer which is not cheap. Of course I used a winter kit in it before covering it up and closing it. I reopened it last month only to discover it was a swamp. It was completely green and had tadpoles and other unknown creatures living in it (I fished out as many as I could and transported them to my pond).

Over the course of a month, I’ve shocked the water at least 5 times. I’ve went through at least 4 filters (pump seems to be running great) and I finally managed to get the chemicals (chlorine, ph, alkaline) perfect. My water is no longer green. The problem I’m now faced with is the water is pretty cloudy. I’ve used clarifier (multiple times) I’ve scrubbed the sides and bottom of the pool with a brush and I’ve vacuumed it multiple times. I can faintly see the bottom and there seems to be nothing at all there (no algae or debris). I feel defeated. Im not sure what more I can do to clear things up.

Any ideas or advice is welcome. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WalterVandervort
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Length: 25m
width: 21m
depth: 1.5m

Re: Help

Postby WalterVandervort » Fri 13 Mar, 2020 04:30

If it green and had tadpoles and other unknown creatures living in it you should try Clorox Pool and Spa XtraBlue Algaecide, that product can kill any types of algae in the swimming pool such as mustard, black, and green pool algae at the fastest time of 24 hours. I was try it and it useful for my pool. You can find for more information before buying.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”