I am struggling to stop our pool going green !?

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: I am struggling to stop our pool going green !?

Postby Teapot » Sat 15 Jun, 2019 14:04

flynnboy wrote:Hi Teapot, I have been to the Brico and bought 20 ltrs of Eau de Javel, my only concern is that it says on the lable 'Extrait' de Eau de Javel - 9.6% Chlore, is this the right stuff ? If it is I'm chuffed because it was under 13 Euro.

Yes that's the right stuff, already given you how much to add and this time of day is perfect.

flynnboy
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 17 cubic metre Intex

Postby flynnboy » Mon 24 Jun, 2019 06:34

Hi Teapot, I was wondering if you are back in the uk yet ? You mentioned you might be able to put me on to a decent tester kit ? Still struggling here...... I tried sending you a PM but it wpuld not work. Thanks again
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 24 Jun, 2019 07:38

Yes back in the UK now and will sort this out for you today. In the meantime keep the chlorine level up, you won't really cause any issues if you go a bit higher on the chlorine level.
flynnboy
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 17 cubic metre Intex

Postby flynnboy » Mon 24 Jun, 2019 08:36

Thanks Teapot. The chlorine level is actually a lot higher than it should be according to my current tester, but does not seem to make a lot of difference, the pool is regularly cloudy - on the blue scale rather than green - although when I brush the bottom I can usually see a slight green mist as a result. I did drain the pool down to the lowest inlet, which is about a 3rd of the total depth and refilled it, I did this x3 times in an effort to reduce CYA, maybe it just did not do the job ? I also used Javel to shock it but that does not seem to have done much either.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”