Chloramines - conflicting advice - please help

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Wow, no more green pool

Postby Backglass » Wed 11 Jul, 2007 12:36

Ziora wrote:The water is cloudy and blue. I'm not sure what to do next, but I guess I should keep it at shock level at least one more day and keep watching the acid.

Exactly. Watch your numbers, vacuum up dead algae, keep it at shock levels and keep your filter running 24/7. If you have a pool brush, use it. It will make everything look temporarily worse as you stir up all the gunk, but it ensures that everything gets touched by the chlorine and also allows your filter to get it.

And of course...wait. :)

Postby Guest » Wed 11 Jul, 2007 22:47

Thanks for the advice. It's still looking good despite a huge storm with lots of rain, high winds, and no power.

I'm getting nervous at this point. Everyone is a skeptic, despite the fact that it's clearer than it's been in a month. I have to get it past this point. I never had anything to do with managing this pool other than brushing it down and turning the pump on and off. I don't know how to hook up the vacuum yet, but I'm thinking I might want to delegate that. I tried it once. Vacuuming is not as easy as it looks!

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”